Thursday, January 1, 2009

Samburu Tribe

We visited a small private Samburu village, it was one of the most authentic tastes yet. The people were very kind and educating.
This was James, he had been to school, studied and now lives in his village making improvements and helping his people. He was so tall! I kept telling him that Kobe Bryant would soon be done :) he just smiled
The women do all the work- imagine- The huts take 3 weeks to build on average. 
We watched them start a fire with sticks- no stones with sparks. 
Towards the end I saw some of the men practicing their bowing skills away from the village- well being from Idaho I could not resist showing them my "bowing skills". 3 years of watching of my scout brothers, yeah, you better believe I hit the target. They were all laughing and so impressed. It was such a highlight.








4 comments:

  1. Katie, you have some amazing pictures and experiences!! I must say I am very jealous!! You look wonderful, gorgeous as ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such an amazing adventure...I am jealous you were able to hang out there and see so much of Africa! I love it that you shot the bow!!! U are amazing Mrs. Crofts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this guy came into Happy Sumo today and scolded me for filling up his water glass because he said I was wasting it, and in Africa they don't have water so I should be more grateful/careful about my water usage:) I'm not sure if I believe him 100%

    I love your blog. Your pictures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, Katie, Katie, it looks like you are having a great time. I can't believe you are so far away. It's so crazy! I think that is great what you are doing. Haven't talked to you forever so when I saw your name on Shanny's blog I thought I'd say hello and come to find out your half way around the world. Well I hope everything is going well hope to talk to you soon, if you get an itch to look at my blog you are more then welcome to.

    ReplyDelete