Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sad Days...



A couple weeks ago my foster dog, Onyx was adopted. A family in Denver, Co. They're previous Dane owners and have worked with Rocky Mountain Great Dane Rescue before. He is such an incredible dog. It's sad to see him go.

 
Onyx was found tied to a pole at Wal-mart in Phoenix Az. The humane society rescued him and adopted him out to a wonderful local couple. After a few years they moved to Salt Lake City, Ut. Due to a living situation the complex they were staying at did not allow big dogs and threatened to take him to the pound. After a few unsuccessful attempts to adopt him out themselves they surrendered him to Rocky Mountain Great Dane Rescue. 



I received Onyx about 2 months ago. My first foster experience and not my last. What an incredible opportunity to share your life with a dog that has been through so much. 
He is very curious and inquisitive about new objects. He likes to watch at first before he joins. Even if he is afraid at first, he soon becomes curious about it and investigates. He has such a sweet demeanor. Loves people, is very curious about kids, and gets along with every dog he has meet. Onyx is my little shadow, once he feels safe he will leave your side but occasionally come check on you. He is an extremely active dog. In the photo above you can see him running with his friend Kairo ahead of him and later with Atticus. Get him in an open field and he will love you forever. He has great speed. He lacks confidence and as a result is quite a bit of a shadow dog.

Onyx has been such a learning experience in my life. I will be anxiously waiting to foster again. I was spoiled with Onyx, and his good behavior.

1 comment:

  1. That must have been a neat experience Katie! That reminds me of my dads dog, his size and character. Fun times Hope you are doing well and good luck in Africa!!

    ReplyDelete